Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Wiped out! Generator fume kills four family members in Kwara

Four family members on Wednesday died after inhaling smoke from a generator in Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State.

The victims, including a man, his two wives and one of his children, hailed from the Ojomu family house, Sanmora. They reportedly slept with their power generating set still on inside the house.

“The family of four slept leaving their generator on inside the house.

“We discovered their lifeless bodies early this morning, the head of the house, his two wives and one of his children were all dead,” a family source said.

“Two of the family members who were unconscious at the time of our breaking in have been rushed to the hospital. Although they’re both in critical conditions, it is our prayer they survive.”

The state police spokesman,  Ajayi Okasanmi, confirmed the incident.

Okasanmi said that the incident involved four members of the same family, adding that two other members of the family were recuperating in the hospital.