When the news of the Fourth edition of the Big Brother Naija holding currently in Nigeria after a long time hit Nigerian, there were doubting speculations as to the smooth running of the reality show considering the Nigerian factor such as uninterrupted power supply for free flow of the show on designated channels.
Organisers of the event, having worked day and night for five month back to back acquired a space bigger than the Big Brother House in Sandton, South Africa and built from scratch to finish.
Before the real housemates gained access into the BBNaija House; Our reporter was part of the few media practitioners who experienced a night in the BBNaija House
The Made in Naija Big Brother House boast of one of the best aesthetics, setup and creative space unlike the other houses. For the purpose of the shoot in Nigeria; organisers took pain to make the house have a feel of the Naija touch.
Here are few things you don’t know about the house
1. It is the first purpose-built facility in Africa housing all the zones in one complex. Previous facilities had the house, studio for the live shows, production and post-production units all in separate buildings and sometimes in different locations.
2. This new and improved BBNaija House, which measures about 1800sqm with an additional 250sqm
5. The live eviction show venue is about +300sqm the size of the previous house
6. The Head of House room in this house is ensuite. Previous HoH rooms didn’t have a separate toilet and bathroom.
7. All furniture and appliances in use in the house were locally sourced
8. Back end, the technical and operational crew are making use of high-tech equipment which include a full digital audio and video mixers Vsm IP base and a Plus 4K camera with an optical fibre transmission that achieves high image quality.