Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Israeli police stop Hamas, foil mass slaughter in Jerusalem

According to Jerusalem District Police Commander Doron Turgeman, security forces successfully thwarted a major terror attack, preventing a potentially devastating incident in the city. 



In a statement, Turgeman highlighted the discovery of axes and a significant amount of ammunition inside the terrorists’ vehicle, indicating their intention to carry out a more extensive operation in Jerusalem.



However, their plans were foiled by the swift action of the security forces.


According to The Jerusalem Post, Turgeman stated that the police managed to confiscate three weapons from the terrorists, including two pistols and an M-16-style firearm. These weapons, had they been used, could have caused considerable harm and loss of life.


READ ALSO: http://Israeli troops enter Gaza’s Shifa hospital after gunbattle at gates

Medical personnel from Magen David Adom, who arrived at the scene, reported encountering four wounded individuals with gunshot wounds. Among them was a young man in his twenties, who was unconscious and had sustained upper body gunshot wounds.



Prompt medical treatment was administered, and he was urgently evacuated to the Shaare Zedek Medical Center.



Additionally, a 20-year-old woman and a 32-year-old man with gunshot wounds to their limbs received immediate treatment.


Their conditions were classified as moderate. Two other individuals with minor injuries were also evacuated, while several others required treatment for anxiety.
Later, the Hamas terrorist organisation claimed responsibility for the attack. Through their armed wing, Al-Qassam Brigade, they announced their involvement in the incident that took place in the West Bank.
The two terrorists affiliated with Hamas were subsequently identified by security forces. One of them was Abed al-Qadr al-Qawasmi, a 26-year-old resident of Hebron and the son of a senior Hamas terrorist, Abdullah al-Qawasmi, who was killed in 2003. The second individual was Hassan Mamon Kapisha, whose father had been deported to Turkey in 2011.
While the identities of these two terrorists were confirmed, the third individual’s identity has yet to be definitively established, according to the Shin Bet.