Apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has commenced the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) over the cancellation of its sit-at-home directive it earlier gave citizens of the region.
The IPOB-issued sit-at-home directive had been scheduled to take effect from Friday, November 5 to November 10, 2021.
The IPOB, on Thursday, had announced the cancellation of the sit-at-home following interventions from eminent religious and traditional leaders from the South-East.
IPOB’s spokesman, Emma Powerful, in a statement he issued also urged eligible voters in Anambra State to go all out on Saturday and cast their ballot.
But the Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide has hailed the IPOB for heeding the voice of reason.
President-General of the group, Mazi Okwu Nnabuike, said the U-turn of the IPOB was in the best interest of the entire Igboland.
Nnabuike, in a statement, said, “We are delighted over the cheering news that the IPOB has cancelled the one-week sit-at-home, which we earlier said would be of great consequence on the entire Igboland.
“It is a thing of joy that the IPOB has finally looked at the larger picture by cancelling this action. Although it came, it is still better than never.
“We commend the Uchenna Madu-led Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, for standing firm over the Saturdays Anambra Governorship election.”