By Amidu Arije
Seven members of a family were found dead in their apartment at Olowora Street, Mafoluku, Oshodi area of Lagos State, in the early hours of Wednesday, sparking shock and emotions in the area.
A resident, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the cause of the death was yet-to-be ascertained.
He ruled out the possibility of inhalation of noxious gas from a generating set, adding it was likely the victims died of poisoning from the food they ate the previous night.
The source said further that the wife of the man survived and had been rushed to the hospital.
Police officers from the Makinde Police Station and men of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) were at the scene as at the time of filing this report.