Another 330 stranded Nigerians Tripoli and Benghazi, Libya, have been brought back home.
This was achieved by the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) in collaboration with the Federal Government.
Charge d’ Affairs of the Nigerian Mission, in Libya, Mr. Kabiru Musa, disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday, in Abuja.
According to Musa, the 330 evacuees from Tripoli and Libya are expected to arrive the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos State, on Wednesday night, in separate flights.
He said that almost 1,000 stranded Nigerians had been evacuated from Libya in November alone, reiterating the Nigerian government’s commitment not to leave any stranded Nigerian behind in Libya.
“Following successful evacuation exercises and the high number of stranded Nigerians in Libya, the IOM in collaboration with the embassy of Nigeria in Tripoli airlifted 158 Nigerians from Benghazi and 172 others from Tripoli on Wednesday.
“The Benghazi chartered flight no. UZ389 departed Benghazi airport at 15.00 hours local time and is expected to arrive Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos at 22.00 hours,” he said.
He said that on the other hand, the Tripoli chartered flight no. UZ0190 left Mitiga International Airport at 18.00 local time and expected to arrive the Lagos international airport at 23.30 hours.
“A total number of 330 Nigerians were evacuated including men, women and children.